Boinkie's Blog

Universalis

Monday, January 10, 2005

I was surfing and ran across an article that had the professional feminists blasting the Bush administration.

Wonder of wonders, it also quoted two women from conservative Feminist groups. This is new...fair and balanced anyone?

The problem is that both groups saw feminist reforms as good, as progress.

As a doctor, I predate feminism, so I enjoy the "freedom" they espouse...but you know, fifty years ago, I was "free" to be a doctor, but had to overcome obstacles.

You see, fifty years ago, one of the questions was that if I became a doctor and married and had children, I would stop work, and voila, waste my education. Alas, this was true back then...because married women didn't work...or were discouraged about working.

In the 1940's, many women worked because of the war effort. After the war the propaganda line goes that they were encouraged to quit and have kids...what they ignore is that these women (dare I say, sex starved, child hungry women) now had men, and biology kicked back in...all they now wanted was to make a family...the nesting instinct, or as one stay at home lawyer labled it, the Brunhilde syndrome...(i.e. fighting is fine, but after a good F*** all you want to do is lay around and sing oh sweet mystery of life I've found you...)...

Feminism and the sexual revolution weakened the sexual bonding of marriage (why buy the cow when milk is free)...indeed, the social roots of modern feminism is the knowledge that men may not take care of you when pregnant...Mary Wollstencraft, the grandmother of feminism was left pregnant and alone...

So what is called progressivism is in effect the result of distrust in the marital bond...

(to be continued)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home