Boinkie's Blog

Universalis

Monday, May 22, 2006

no more woman's curse

I discussed this on my main blog.

Women take the pill or another artificial hormone to stop their periods. Now, as I mention on my main blog, this is frequently done for medical problems, and indeed, I've had to take it for problems.

But the link is to women who just want to get rid of the inconvenience.
and THIS is worse...one woman on this forum said she liked it because she resents being REMINDED every month that she is a baby maker...

Ah, but that's the point. Part of this is rejecting that we are feminine.
Rejecting that we can be mothers.
Prefering to be pseudomen...

Ironically, the ones who really dislike this type of hormone manipulation to desex oneself are the Wiccans, who celebrate their "moon cycles".

The other group are Christian women who often homeschool and eschew much of medicine and some technology.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home