Maid abuse in Lebanon
One story I am following in my main blog is about the Pinay maids who died jumping from windows during the war in Lebanon...because their employers had locked them up to keep them from escaping...and two or three more were badly injured in a similar fashion.
Now the government has a committe to investigate the problem.
But of course the problem is common in Saudi and other countries...
Heck, you could even argue that we work our maids without a day off (they get off Sunday and when they request it). But they can walk away...and often do.
I am going to write about the economics of the Philippines....in later posts. Right now I am still mulling over it in my mind, and then one of these days it will spring forth...(That's how I write longer essays).
Now the government has a committe to investigate the problem.
But of course the problem is common in Saudi and other countries...
Heck, you could even argue that we work our maids without a day off (they get off Sunday and when they request it). But they can walk away...and often do.
I am going to write about the economics of the Philippines....in later posts. Right now I am still mulling over it in my mind, and then one of these days it will spring forth...(That's how I write longer essays).
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home