Pray for that country that politically correct liberals don't want to mention the name
I am getting the USSB emails on the gospel, as I noted in my earlier post.
However, I may stop them. Why? Because I'm a dyspeptic bitch, that's why.
You see, at the end of each "meditation" (I only read the gospel...not the meditation. I hate sermons that restate the obvious), there is a nice asterisk and it says:
PRAY FOR THE HOLY LAND AND LEBANON.
Well, right now the French and other countries that entered Lebanon to keep the peace are doing so by refusing to disarm Hizbollah and threatening to shoot down Israeli planes that are monitoring the situation.
And returning Philippine OFW who fled Lebanon report a 70 percent rate of abuse (indeed, on my other blog, I reported about 5 women badly hurt and two killed because when the war started, and the Philippines arranged to have their OFW, mainly women working as maids, to find a safe haven at a local church, their nice Lebanese employers locked them up...and so they jumped out of windoows to escape
So yes, I will pray for a country that mistreats the weakest and most vulnerable employees.
But where exactly is "THE HOLY LAND"?
This sounds like something out of a Southern Baptist church.
Do you mean Israel? If so, say Israel. It's not a dirty word. It's a country that is struggling for existence against a huge propaganda machine. And it is the scapegoat for all the failed policies of the Arab world that imports Bengalis and Philippinos to do their dirty work while diverting their unemployed to blame Israel for all their economic problems.
And why pray for "Lebanon and the Holy Land" when there are a hell of a lot of other places where things are worse?
Why not say "Pray for Mindinao" where the church is trying to encourage the peacetalks with the MILF (many of whom already have made peace) while the J.I. and Alquaeda funded splinter groups are bombing our chruches? And why not "pray for Luzon" where schismatic bishops and ministers are killed for defending the rights of the peasants while the NPF is killing and kidnapping businessmen to make money?
Why not "pray for central Africa" where 5 million have died of disease, or "Pray for Uganda" where another rebel group is kidnapping children and terrorizing the north in the name of Jeusus...and again where peacetalks are trying to settle things down.
And why not "pray for Zimbabwe, and Angola, and Mozambique" where Marxist regiemes have killed opponants and where corrupt governments are ruining the economies in the name of liberation?
But these are only the deaths of the innocent, and these innocent are not "politically correct", so I guess no one cares.
However, I may stop them. Why? Because I'm a dyspeptic bitch, that's why.
You see, at the end of each "meditation" (I only read the gospel...not the meditation. I hate sermons that restate the obvious), there is a nice asterisk and it says:
PRAY FOR THE HOLY LAND AND LEBANON.
Well, right now the French and other countries that entered Lebanon to keep the peace are doing so by refusing to disarm Hizbollah and threatening to shoot down Israeli planes that are monitoring the situation.
And returning Philippine OFW who fled Lebanon report a 70 percent rate of abuse (indeed, on my other blog, I reported about 5 women badly hurt and two killed because when the war started, and the Philippines arranged to have their OFW, mainly women working as maids, to find a safe haven at a local church, their nice Lebanese employers locked them up...and so they jumped out of windoows to escape
So yes, I will pray for a country that mistreats the weakest and most vulnerable employees.
But where exactly is "THE HOLY LAND"?
This sounds like something out of a Southern Baptist church.
Do you mean Israel? If so, say Israel. It's not a dirty word. It's a country that is struggling for existence against a huge propaganda machine. And it is the scapegoat for all the failed policies of the Arab world that imports Bengalis and Philippinos to do their dirty work while diverting their unemployed to blame Israel for all their economic problems.
And why pray for "Lebanon and the Holy Land" when there are a hell of a lot of other places where things are worse?
Why not say "Pray for Mindinao" where the church is trying to encourage the peacetalks with the MILF (many of whom already have made peace) while the J.I. and Alquaeda funded splinter groups are bombing our chruches? And why not "pray for Luzon" where schismatic bishops and ministers are killed for defending the rights of the peasants while the NPF is killing and kidnapping businessmen to make money?
Why not "pray for central Africa" where 5 million have died of disease, or "Pray for Uganda" where another rebel group is kidnapping children and terrorizing the north in the name of Jeusus...and again where peacetalks are trying to settle things down.
And why not "pray for Zimbabwe, and Angola, and Mozambique" where Marxist regiemes have killed opponants and where corrupt governments are ruining the economies in the name of liberation?
But these are only the deaths of the innocent, and these innocent are not "politically correct", so I guess no one cares.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home