Development
On my other blog, I posted about Viet Nam. Like the Philippines, it is part of ASEAN, one of the slower "asian tigers".
But they had a major famine in the 1990's and changed their economic policies, so have raised their standard of living. I knew all this, but when I was researching I found that Intel was building a factory there.
So I wonder: Have we been stuck at the "socialist/ liberation theology/help the poor" while essentially helping people be children?
Michael Novak, in his book Business as a calling, points out that God gave some people the ability to run a just business and that by doing so, relied on morality of the employees and staff, but ended up spreading prosperity.
So when we say "poor africans, give our tax dollars" are we wrong, should we be saying: Invest your money in Intel to build a factory instead, and have churches stick to teaching morality i.e. no bribes no stealing.
Just wondering.
But they had a major famine in the 1990's and changed their economic policies, so have raised their standard of living. I knew all this, but when I was researching I found that Intel was building a factory there.
So I wonder: Have we been stuck at the "socialist/ liberation theology/help the poor" while essentially helping people be children?
Michael Novak, in his book Business as a calling, points out that God gave some people the ability to run a just business and that by doing so, relied on morality of the employees and staff, but ended up spreading prosperity.
So when we say "poor africans, give our tax dollars" are we wrong, should we be saying: Invest your money in Intel to build a factory instead, and have churches stick to teaching morality i.e. no bribes no stealing.
Just wondering.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home