Spiritual attacks
I get the RSS feed from Reverend Wilkinson \\And today's sermon is about snakehanders: no, not the showoffs but a truth that I sometimes forget when I try to write about God:
"...Just as surely as Christians drink of the blood of Christ—the river of life, of his divine love and beauty—we unconsciously drink also of the poison of this world when we go out to preach the gospel.
We absorb so much of the spirit of this world, we take such deadly things into our spiritual lives, that unless we receive Holy Ghost protection I do not see how Christian workers can go where sinners are. You cannot help drinking in some of these unmentionable things into your spirit. But if you drink any deadly thing while you are going after serpents in the power of Christ, the poison will not hurt you.,,"
actually I know this from experience, but it is something I have to learn over and over again.
So pray for me.
"...Just as surely as Christians drink of the blood of Christ—the river of life, of his divine love and beauty—we unconsciously drink also of the poison of this world when we go out to preach the gospel.
We absorb so much of the spirit of this world, we take such deadly things into our spiritual lives, that unless we receive Holy Ghost protection I do not see how Christian workers can go where sinners are. You cannot help drinking in some of these unmentionable things into your spirit. But if you drink any deadly thing while you are going after serpents in the power of Christ, the poison will not hurt you.,,"
actually I know this from experience, but it is something I have to learn over and over again.
So pray for me.
Labels: spiritual life
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home