Sickness
Lots of sickness here in the provinces.
We have had a lot of flu among our staff: if it is H1n1 it is mild, very sick but only lasting two days...one of the local farmer's kids came in hot and dehydrated and I sent him immediately to the public hospital...
But most of the kids just have ordinary coughs or diarrhea not flu...and nothig that looks like Dengue, thank the Lord.
I usually pay for the medicines, since although they are cheap, when a farmer mainly eats their own food but has little cash, they may have trouble getting 100 pesos (2 dollars) for medicine.
I am of course a physician but no license and not in practice, but in rural areas no one cares...if anyone questioned I could just say I was writing the prescription under my husband's licence.
but ironically the poverty here is not as bad as when I was in Africa...
We have had a lot of flu among our staff: if it is H1n1 it is mild, very sick but only lasting two days...one of the local farmer's kids came in hot and dehydrated and I sent him immediately to the public hospital...
But most of the kids just have ordinary coughs or diarrhea not flu...and nothig that looks like Dengue, thank the Lord.
I usually pay for the medicines, since although they are cheap, when a farmer mainly eats their own food but has little cash, they may have trouble getting 100 pesos (2 dollars) for medicine.
I am of course a physician but no license and not in practice, but in rural areas no one cares...if anyone questioned I could just say I was writing the prescription under my husband's licence.
but ironically the poverty here is not as bad as when I was in Africa...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home