Boinkie's Blog

Universalis

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

two minute hate or microaggression

Instapundit, a libertarian blog, is full of reports about sensitive students complaining of microaggression, meaning they decided their feelings are hurt.

Ah but the two minute facebook hate is about a Christian mom whose kid came home with a henna tatoo (which can last for days) in Hindu designs: She saw it as another push to paganism (although my facebook activist points out that it is merely cosmetic, and used by all religions in India).

The hatred? The stupid bigoted mom is not aware of a custom.

Or is it only microaggression, in a season when newspapers report kids learning Islamic beliefs, told to step on a photo of Christ, but not allowed to say Merry Christmas.

Other culture news is that Kentucky will allow clerks not to put their name and tacit approval to same sex unions called marriage by the Supreme court. The press is spinning this as wrong, of course, but Republicans point out that because the previous gov let her go to jail, that he lost the election in a state which is largely Democratic. Of course, the Obama war against coal might have something to do with it too, but I'm not following that part of the story, since I sort of agree with it...

In the two minute hate, I pointed out that Henna allergic reactions are not unknown, and when I was told I was wrong, posted the link from the Cleveland Clinic that reported on the problem now that this is a fad among certain groups.

But it shows that I am a yuppie: I see this as a health problem, where parental imput was not asked.

But of course, a parent who sees this as a danger to their child's soul is ridiculed...

I mean some strict churches forbid tatoos of any sort, along with body piercing.

The part of the bible that is usually ignored by those of us who agree with the guy who wrote the letter to Diogenes and said you can't distinguish Christians by their dress or how they follow benign customs, but you also will find they refuse to "expose" their children or share their wives.

Catholics takt those seriously: Or at least did until Vatican II and now Francis say "who am I to judge".

Uh, Jesus did judge a lot of people...and called them names.

On the home front, a certain party still has no money, so didn't give his employees their Christmas bonus...and sent the boyfriend home (reportedly with a couple hundred dollars as a gift).

Me, I'm going broke: I am trying to stay within the budget but this week I am short since Joy had to pay her local social security bill. I pay it for her, and have for years, but Chano didn't know I was doing it and says he wasn't aware that there is a local social security policy for employees.

Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home