IGNORING EVIDENCE
Professor Podles asks:
the Bishops accountability organizatino has this latest addition:
2019 USCCB meeting:pdf
not a lot of penalties discussed (the equivalent of "if you do that I'll tell mommy).
And not much about repentance, holiness, or Jesus.
Crux report:
The United States may have made some progress in curbing abuse, but I know that bishops are still playing games and hiding abusive priests. Nor are they willing to engage in fraternal correction of other bishops. Has Barron ever commented on Mahoney, who should probably be in jail, not lecturing to Catholics? Third world countries, where most Catholics live and which send many priests to the United States, have abysmal standards.
Nor do I have any confidence that the bishops of the United States really want to reform any more than they have to to keep the lawyers out of the pocketbooks. I am a board member of BishopAccountability, which has amassed millions of pages of documents on sexual abuse on the Church. It is no doubt the largest such archive in the world, the library from hell, as my wife calls it. We have never received a request from the hierarchy for information. The bishops do not want to know what happened. Why?
the Bishops accountability organizatino has this latest addition:
2019 USCCB meeting:pdf
not a lot of penalties discussed (the equivalent of "if you do that I'll tell mommy).
And not much about repentance, holiness, or Jesus.
Crux report:
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home