Boinkie's Blog

Universalis

Saturday, February 23, 2013

reading stuff

In the 1950's, before Vatican II, there was a push for Catholics to read the bible.

We had a family bible, but my mother usually read from her Knox translation of the new testament, because unlike the traditional version it was easier to understand.

however, I am having trouble finding it on line (copyright issues have so far messed up the downloads for free ebooks).

But Youtube has some of the audio version on line. LUKE
 


MATTHEW
JOHN 

And then there is this essay, which examines Sherlock Holmes as if it were being done by a biblical critic.

No, I was never much of a Sherlock Holmes fan, but I am a rabid fan of the new Sherlock, mainly because of the personality interactions and the great dialogue (although I think the plots are a bit on the stupid side).




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home