conspiracy musings
For later reading: why the Family synod missed the point.
LINK
yeah. and in those days the bishops were too busy promoting unilateral disarmament of the west and other PC type stuff to bother to worry about ordinary folks.
I just relistened to one of Malachi Martin's interviews with Art Bell (The last one...go to Archives.org and google Bell or martin)
A lot of his predictions are right on: Predicting the pedophilia and other problems before they occured.
A lot of controversy about the old guy, but although he comes on rational in Bell interviews, which are worth listening to, he gets a bit paranoid and talks with great speed (pressured speech is the psychiatric term) in some of the lesser type talk show interviews. Some of this comes out in his over wordy non fiction books.
I suspect he was bipolar, and this made him unstable.
As for the adultery: I have to laugh. Unstable women throw themselves at men who are priests or doctors or psychiatrists all the time, so what else is new? Or maybe he got overly involved in helping a woman in a trouble marriage to get out of it.
Who knows.
As for "murder": he died after a fall, as did Andrew Greeley. Conspiracy? Well, I had two aunts who had brain bleeds after a fall...as did Hillary Clinton. The difference is that we now can do CT/MRI scans and diagnose that it was a bleed from a fall and not a simple stroke that preceeded the fall.
as for pedophilia: too many cases to deny something was wrong, and too many US catholics know their bishops didn't care or were bamboozled by the "experts" who insisted these guys were cured.
One of the guys reviewing movies at AICN noted the new movie on pedophilia in Boston didn't condemn the whole church, just the institution. Well, I lived in Boston before it broke, and the church was pretty well dead, and my son was told masturbation was okay in 8th grade catholic school by a priest. And when we wrote a "headsup" to the Cardinal that euthanasia was being pushed in the local medical schools, nothing happened except a nuanced article full of vagueness in the back page of the catholic newspaper that even I couldn't figure out what they were saying.
If I stay in the church, maybe it is because although I know about cases of pedophilia, I also know a lot of good priests, including priests who were martyred for defending their people.
In the 1950's my mom and friends said a weekly rosary for the conversion of Russia (silly? Well it worked didn't it?) but my mom was always puzzled why Our Lady said to pray for priests. To my mom, priests were holy (the worst was that one of our priests always drove an expensive car, given to him from his family, and well used in those day when the priests still made house calls).
Sigh. I have enough sins of my own to repent, so I shouldn't point fingers...
LINK
The bottom line is: Catholics in the United States have a right to ask: “Does the present USCCB agree with all the pronouncements made by the USCCB in 1968, namely, that ‘licit dissent’ from papal teaching is compatible with being a ‘good Catholic’”? Unless the USCCB is willing to correct the concept of “licit dissent,” it will continue to encourage—even if inadvertently—a concept of dissent which is not permitted by core Church teachings.
yeah. and in those days the bishops were too busy promoting unilateral disarmament of the west and other PC type stuff to bother to worry about ordinary folks.
I just relistened to one of Malachi Martin's interviews with Art Bell (The last one...go to Archives.org and google Bell or martin)
A lot of his predictions are right on: Predicting the pedophilia and other problems before they occured.
A lot of controversy about the old guy, but although he comes on rational in Bell interviews, which are worth listening to, he gets a bit paranoid and talks with great speed (pressured speech is the psychiatric term) in some of the lesser type talk show interviews. Some of this comes out in his over wordy non fiction books.
I suspect he was bipolar, and this made him unstable.
As for the adultery: I have to laugh. Unstable women throw themselves at men who are priests or doctors or psychiatrists all the time, so what else is new? Or maybe he got overly involved in helping a woman in a trouble marriage to get out of it.
Who knows.
As for "murder": he died after a fall, as did Andrew Greeley. Conspiracy? Well, I had two aunts who had brain bleeds after a fall...as did Hillary Clinton. The difference is that we now can do CT/MRI scans and diagnose that it was a bleed from a fall and not a simple stroke that preceeded the fall.
as for pedophilia: too many cases to deny something was wrong, and too many US catholics know their bishops didn't care or were bamboozled by the "experts" who insisted these guys were cured.
One of the guys reviewing movies at AICN noted the new movie on pedophilia in Boston didn't condemn the whole church, just the institution. Well, I lived in Boston before it broke, and the church was pretty well dead, and my son was told masturbation was okay in 8th grade catholic school by a priest. And when we wrote a "headsup" to the Cardinal that euthanasia was being pushed in the local medical schools, nothing happened except a nuanced article full of vagueness in the back page of the catholic newspaper that even I couldn't figure out what they were saying.
If I stay in the church, maybe it is because although I know about cases of pedophilia, I also know a lot of good priests, including priests who were martyred for defending their people.
In the 1950's my mom and friends said a weekly rosary for the conversion of Russia (silly? Well it worked didn't it?) but my mom was always puzzled why Our Lady said to pray for priests. To my mom, priests were holy (the worst was that one of our priests always drove an expensive car, given to him from his family, and well used in those day when the priests still made house calls).
Sigh. I have enough sins of my own to repent, so I shouldn't point fingers...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home