musing and readings
the g rated Eddie Murphy movie, Mr Church, is worth seeing.
Alas, the SJW dismiss it as another black help movie, meaning blacks only are in movies if they are help.
But actually the movie is not, nor is it a "happy happy" sentimental movie such as the nauseous Hallmark movies or the Nicholas Sparks movies (or most of them).
A nice movie on the surface, but under the surface is the question why this guy is cooking for them all those years (he was hired by the dying woman's dead boyfriend to cook for six months, her estimated time of death, but she lived for ten years). He said he was getting paid for this, but also mentioned he was getting a pension from the boyfriend after that. He is about 50 years of age, so there are questions about that.
But you know, my father once hired a single Polish immigrant in his fifties back in those days: The guy just could not get a job because of his age, but my father knew he could do the job. When the guy died, my father arranged the funeral. Sad. No family.
The only reason I can see is that the boyfriend knew this older gentleman and arranged the job and then the pension because he was an employee, and out of charity gave him a pension.
Turns out the guy not only continued to work for the family but used his pension to help support them.
One of the subtexts is that his life was his own, and no questions allowed. Later, the young girl finds a matchbook to a bar. Not much is said, but obviously he goes there to get drunk, and I suspect it is a gay bar, since he once "married but it didn't work".
The loneliness of gay men is something no one wants to talk about. The idea of gay marriage is to let them too find happiness, but alas, the promiscuity of the "lifestyle" works against them.
Just like the gender feminist ideology works against the lesbians who love each other, and lonely women who are bi but hurt by man.
Sigh. No I don't have an answer.
But I see the loneliness of my step son, but also the cruelty when he insists his wife put up with his open philandering "because that is what I am". I told him many times to do this quietly, or maybe even find a usual friend in Manila, but he prefers to hit on heterosexual young men, mainly employees, and sees no harm in this (uh, sexual exploitation of employees who are in dire poverty and can't say no is wrong in anne's book but his).
So his ostinancy will result in losing his family. And maybe his business, since his wife started a new business on her own and took most of his clients. This was because he changed how he grew rice and she wouldn't sell it as organic (when he took his boyfriend's advice and decided to use chemicals despite the fact it was labled organic.... to make more of a profit, and the boyfriend assured him that it's okay because everyone does it. Sigh).
And probably I will have to leave with them too. We all have been threatened to leave, but the lawyer assured us that legally he has to support his family (but not me). So I am waiting for the will, knowing I will have no "right" to stay here according to him, even though Philippine law allows the foreign spouse to stay in the property where they lived (foreigners can't own property).
Oh well. After being "thrown out" of Africa twice with little notice (i.e. leaving in a hurry because war broke out) I should be used to all of this.
Next week is the big holiday here when everyone visits the graves, and everyone goes to their home villages.
We should be meeting and celebrating with the relatives of Lolo, but he hates them too, alas. I still go to these parties, but have little to say since I am behind on who is working where.
Alas, the SJW dismiss it as another black help movie, meaning blacks only are in movies if they are help.
But actually the movie is not, nor is it a "happy happy" sentimental movie such as the nauseous Hallmark movies or the Nicholas Sparks movies (or most of them).
A nice movie on the surface, but under the surface is the question why this guy is cooking for them all those years (he was hired by the dying woman's dead boyfriend to cook for six months, her estimated time of death, but she lived for ten years). He said he was getting paid for this, but also mentioned he was getting a pension from the boyfriend after that. He is about 50 years of age, so there are questions about that.
But you know, my father once hired a single Polish immigrant in his fifties back in those days: The guy just could not get a job because of his age, but my father knew he could do the job. When the guy died, my father arranged the funeral. Sad. No family.
The only reason I can see is that the boyfriend knew this older gentleman and arranged the job and then the pension because he was an employee, and out of charity gave him a pension.
Turns out the guy not only continued to work for the family but used his pension to help support them.
One of the subtexts is that his life was his own, and no questions allowed. Later, the young girl finds a matchbook to a bar. Not much is said, but obviously he goes there to get drunk, and I suspect it is a gay bar, since he once "married but it didn't work".
The loneliness of gay men is something no one wants to talk about. The idea of gay marriage is to let them too find happiness, but alas, the promiscuity of the "lifestyle" works against them.
Just like the gender feminist ideology works against the lesbians who love each other, and lonely women who are bi but hurt by man.
Sigh. No I don't have an answer.
But I see the loneliness of my step son, but also the cruelty when he insists his wife put up with his open philandering "because that is what I am". I told him many times to do this quietly, or maybe even find a usual friend in Manila, but he prefers to hit on heterosexual young men, mainly employees, and sees no harm in this (uh, sexual exploitation of employees who are in dire poverty and can't say no is wrong in anne's book but his).
So his ostinancy will result in losing his family. And maybe his business, since his wife started a new business on her own and took most of his clients. This was because he changed how he grew rice and she wouldn't sell it as organic (when he took his boyfriend's advice and decided to use chemicals despite the fact it was labled organic.... to make more of a profit, and the boyfriend assured him that it's okay because everyone does it. Sigh).
And probably I will have to leave with them too. We all have been threatened to leave, but the lawyer assured us that legally he has to support his family (but not me). So I am waiting for the will, knowing I will have no "right" to stay here according to him, even though Philippine law allows the foreign spouse to stay in the property where they lived (foreigners can't own property).
Oh well. After being "thrown out" of Africa twice with little notice (i.e. leaving in a hurry because war broke out) I should be used to all of this.
Next week is the big holiday here when everyone visits the graves, and everyone goes to their home villages.
We should be meeting and celebrating with the relatives of Lolo, but he hates them too, alas. I still go to these parties, but have little to say since I am behind on who is working where.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home